Sunday, December 13, 2009

karma's a bitch

i do not wish to relive my hell on earth weekend, but i need pity.

friday started off normal as ever. apart from the 6:00am wake up call, but i mustn't complain.
i arrived with much anticipation and determination. anticipation as to what the weekend would hold, and a hell of a lot of determination to help walk many hills and slants with a hell of a lot of luggage. stupid me, and needing to eat this thing called food.
after finding a considerably good camping site, the tents went up.
not so much with ease, but with as much effort as it would take to construct the worlds largest sand castle.
NOTE FOR THE FUTURE: boys do struggle with getting their head around the whole, peg goes in ground not left on ground to melt away.
the next 7 hours were spent moping around contemplating whether to start the celebrations early or play uno.
oh mercy set off the night, followed by akron/family and their wilderness like beards.
i was fairly beaten up at this point. so this would explain why i missed out on sia. i do recall listening to eacho and the bunny men in a car that smelt if moulding beer?
patrick wolf. with the combination of his flamboyant on stage antics, and his highly eccentric clothing decision, clearly proved that he is an amazingly talented musician.

to my knowledge, i was dragged away from the depths of the crowd and taken for a long and tedious stroll around the camp sites.
to this day, i have no recollection as to why this happened. but free drinks never go astray.
after this pointless, maybe 2 hour walk, i found myself at the outskirts of the stage, watching yacht, go wild. dam you beautiful people.

second day was the beginning of hell on earth if you must call it that.
I've some what tried to block this horrid day out of my mind, so my memory is slightly hazy, so bare with me.
a lovely man insisted on buying crepes for breakfast, but my money was stolen. (clearly the beginning of the end).
kid sam was a breath of fresh, along with thee oh sees.
my head was pounding like a drum, so i went to lay down on the lush green grass with my dear friends.
the camp site was a massive dump. it was if a group of trash bag 13 year old hooligans ate to much red cordial and went ape shit. so, i didn't particularly want to enter even the outskirts of that hell hole. so i stayed clear for a couple of hours.

pharoahe monch went right off. all i could see was every ones muddy hands punching the sky. "get the fuck up" pretty much summed up that event. in a nut shell.
i quick brake at camp revamped my need for more and more music. the music i was hearing was a certain person singing about skating. entertaining indeed.

at this point in time, i had $20 stolen, along with my drinks, and my glasses had me trashed and broken.
i have always wanted to see paul kelly, and my dream came true.
this was followed by some psych-pop brought to you by animal collective. if i were to peer up into the nights sky, i could see such magical colours from the stage, and lovely tiny fairy lights from surrounding trees. oh the bliss of it all.

this is the section of the night i wish to forget.
because I'm cocky, and i believe i can concur anything i set my mind upon, i decided to storm threw the crowd instead of doing the sensible thing and walk around.
along the way, i crashed into some dimwits esky. sounds like a pretty un-dangerous thing, but my leg started to throb and my mind was going at full pace.
the next thing i know, I'm sitting upright in a white room, balling my eyes out.
my mind was mended with a dinosaur band aid and a hot milo.
but i felt batted and broken, and horrid because my family had to drive 45minutes to my rescue.
I'm some what glad they just laughed in my face, but sad because of their lack of pity.

and that my friends, was the weekend that was Meredith.
maybe next time, i should learn to be less cocky and a little more realistic.
but on the plus side, i wasn't there to clean on the rancid camp site and tents.

i now sit here, with my knee swollen like a balloon, sitting upon a desk draw.

2 comments:

  1. Man, that sucks big time. At least you got to see the one and only paul kelly.
    We can hunt down the guy with the esky and smash that esky over his head, if that would make you feel any better.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. considering i gave a bit of the old bad lipping, i think now he needs some of the old beating.
    xx

    ReplyDelete